The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Falken RT660: recommendations for 18x11 Apex wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Wisconsin
I had considered flipping them on the rim just because what I’ve heard they don’t like being run backwards but I also haven’t tried it myself
I needed a new set of 660’s for the front. The rears were fine but I did have the tire shop swap them side to side to keep the directional. Ran 200 miles at Road America after that & the performance was very good.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Nova Scotia Canada
I needed a new set of 660’s for the front. The rears were fine but I did have the tire shop swap them side to side to keep the directional. Ran 200 miles at Road America after that & the performance was very good.
Since I would be running a square setup Swapping tires front to back should keep the wear down on the fronts id imagine.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel