The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New shocks / springs for street track setup?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tried to order H&R coilovers from tire rack. They quoted me about 3 weeks from Germany. A bit too long for me. I ordered koni sports instead and I already received them. I went with the gt500 style as I got a good deal on a steeda upper mount for that style. After speaking to the rep with Steeda, I went with boss comp springs. He said they were pretty close to the reg comp springs. Maybe less lowering overall. They were the last s197 spring they developed. Def recommended a stiffer shock package than stock GT.
There are other resellers of the H&R RSS package. Kenny Brown Performance, Lethal Performance, Maximum Motorsports and others.

TMO Supporting Vendors